Saturday, October 24, 2015

Dream One

We all have dreams
of visiting foreign places

Strange
contorted
museums
 of fragmented
memory

Quilts of the mind

We joyfully experience these wonderful lands but rarely recall them
Let alone return
This evening I visited an abandoned aquarium turned bar and gym

Empty tanks of enormous proportion lined the walls as sparkling floors led twisting and winding like a snake's belly

The halls were empty

As were the rooms

By coincidence or some mishap of fortune I found myself in a very lively but depressing bar

Music of some untold western droned eerily as I took in the familiar patchwork faces of forgotten passersby

The cat-like curiosity of my eyes set upon commotion between two sets of father and son their networth no less than a million a piece

As quite literally push came to shove the feint voice of the tender could be heard

Okay get the bull

With that the room was cleared of fabricated Frankensteins as they hobbled awkwardly toward doorways with recognizable stride

I too quickly exited suspiciously anticipating danger from within

Peering in from the doorway's entrance I took in short metal fences forming a rectangle and encasing two of the men
a mechanical bull sliding back and forth
knocking them about as they drunkenly grappled over forgotten conflicts

My cover was blown as I was immediately shooed away leaving me to tour the deserted desert of the aquarium

I passed rooms filled with gym equipment dusty and frequently used weights alike

Following numerous exit signs I came upon a short escalator and began my descent
as behind me a young boy clutching a gym bag his face flustered from exercise and riddled with fresh scrathes commented

Yeah i dont know why we put that there referencing the bar from whence I had come

Funny

I don't remember seeing him there

No comments:

Post a Comment