Thursday, February 2, 2017

Agateophobia


I've come to terms with the shape in the corner of my eye
The silhouette in dark as I pass by

The bringer of a presence when none is about 
Its softest of whispers that yet make me shout

Its always there when I'm home alone
Or feeling for lightswitches in others abodes

Its in the kitchen rattling drawers
Between shirts and jackets
Open closed closet doors
Tapping on walls
Tiptoeing on floors

At the end of the hallway?
Behind me now 

quick!

Turn around in an instant
Darting eyes are not slick 

That light does not fade it
The dark seems to shift

The corners of the room
From ceiling to floor

Its now in the attic of which I knew not before


The curtains are drawn
Wrapped up all in bed

Its still at the window
Or maybe my head

It'll grab at my feet if I leave them exposed
The void under all furniture is what it calls home 

'I must stay away'
I think
'What if it gets all too near'

Stories of murder is all that I hear

Yet

While I'm asleep I know it whispers in my ear
And the blankets are no armor
Then so close to my body? and only it leers?

Perhaps all that it wants is it's dear it calls fear
A monster in mindset 
Only weak will can it spear

And all I am doing is feeding...

No
No

...It's really here

No comments:

Post a Comment