Friday, November 18, 2016

Weather

You spin and you twist like a blurred photograph 

Burned in my mind and found with no map

The lights dim like November but with colors abound 

Still bright white like December 

All ready
rewound

A cold touch on my shoulder to a body so new
Feels like forever
If only you knew

Then in marches hope as if on blue cue

Water all thawed 
welcoming dew

Escaping crisp chains and darkest thoughts too

Smiles not heavy
but light without you

Leaping and soaring 
Springing ahead 

Warm feelings of freedom in orange and red

The hues become deeper as they linger and set

The colors heat tenfold 
Dew becomes sweat

My dreams are all boiling 

Bubbled blurs in my mind

Steamy hot memories of when you were all mine

Oh what I would do for your touch at this moment

Who would have thought that hope's brother was hopeless 

Though your presence is frozen I do miss your wholeness 

The boldest of coldness 

Knowing I'm weak as you are the oldest

Yes

When you were near your body was soulless
But in that blink of an eye dear
mine wasn't homeless

I do think of you

Timelines don't waver 

But the cold makes me shiver
and requires thick layers 

So for now stay away

Just do me this favor

No comments:

Post a Comment