Saturday, June 28, 2014

"My Best Try"

The following is a real text message:

I said I needed a few days, I only needed a few hours I suppose.
Maybe it's because of all this time I've had in the past to think about us, maybe it's just the situation. All in all, I couldn't find it in my heart to be mean or accusatory on the phone and that's for the better, I never want to be that type of person. I am, however, honest and I will be bold as I've had well over a year to contemplate how much I care about you. You have absolutely no idea what you want and you hurt a very important person in the process. No matter what the future holds, that can't be forgotten and trust me, I know the results of selfish actions. I can't ever beg for you back because I know I never had you. I could tell you to remember the good times we had or the things you like about me, but you already know you've lost those things and I guess you can live with that. I know you could care less right now but you will realize how unbelievably selfless I was to you. I gave you everything I had and it wasn't good enough... if you understood or felt the same way, you would be able to deal with a relationship. You tell me you don't want one simply because you're confused on who you want, not what you want. "One day you'll have a dream about me and you won't remember WHY" You found someone who was willing to do anything for you and you turned it down without even giving me a chance. I wish you luck, I really do, but I can't keep waiting for you to realize that it was right in front of you. All I wanted was for us to be happy but I know I will be in the future and I can live with that. "One day I'll have a dream about you and I'll smile" Last night the text I sent in my dream was "goodbye" I can't deny that was a hell of a coincidence. I love you, but I have to say goodbye to this "You're welcome"


No comments:

Post a Comment